Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The source of all the misunderstandings.


My mom and I were walking back home this afternoon. When I walk by myself, I take the right side of the path; because is the one where my home is. But today, when we got off the bus, we began to walk by the left side.
We kept walking by that side for a long time. We were talking and everything; but my obsessive compulsive soul was screaming "GO TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PATH!"
So I told my mom "You know? why don't we cross the street? I like to walk by that side." And my mom opened her eyes as plates and told me "Me too! I'm walking on here because I thought you want it so. Let's cross right now."
We began to laugh about that, because anyone of us wanted to walk by the left side; but we did it because we had the early thought that the other want it that way. Even though we were making fun of it, I couldn't avoid to overthink all the scene.
"It's so weird! Both of us were doing something that we didn't want to do, thinking that we were pleasing the other; when any of us wanted to walk by the left side. Why we -humans- do this?"
Immediately my mom turned her head to me and said "Because we always take everything for granted. We don't know anything, but we always think we have all the answers. The most of the time that we think that something is one way, it tends to be the opposite."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words are the complements of this post. Thanks for taking the time :)